Carol Kinsey Goman, Ph.D., Carol Kinsey Goman, Ph.D., is an international keynote speaker for corporations, conferences, universities, and government agencies. She is an authority on the impact of body language in the workplace (Body Language for Leaders, Body Language for Women Who Lead, Body Language that Sells!). Carol’s other popular programs include Leadership Presence, Collaborative Leadership, and Leading Continuous Change.
Her speaking engagements are designed to give audiences powerful and practical strategies that can be implemented immediately. She is a sought-after presenter, whose list of clients span more than 300 organizations in 26 countries:
- Corporate giants including Consolidated Edison, 3M, Federal Express, Fluor, General Electric, Bayer Pharmaceutical, DuPont, S.C. Johnson, Chevron, AT&T, Consolidated Edison, and PepsiCo
- Major associations including the American Institute of Banking, American Productivity & Quality Center, American Society of Association Executives, Sales & Marketing Executives International, and the American Society of Training and Development
- High-tech firms including Amazon, Expedia, Google, Hewlett-Packard, Texas Instruments, and LinkedIn
- Healthcare organizations including Kaiser Permanente, Adventist Healthy System West, American College of Surgeons, BETA Healthcare Group, and Atlantic Health System
- Financial institutions including Bank of America, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, First Interstate Bank, Goldman Sachs, Travelers, WellPoint, and Guardian Insurance
- Government agencies including the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, U.S. Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command, Department of Energy, Department of Veteran Affairs, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Department of Agriculture, and the Library of Congress
- Women’s conferences including CFA Society Women’s Symposium, Global Executive Women at Expedia, Professional Business Women of California, UNC School of Government, and Women’s Leadership Conference, Trinidad
- International firms including Petroleos de Venezuela, Dairy Farm in Hong Kong, SCA Hygiene in Germany, Landstinget Dalarna in Sweden, National Provident in New Zealand, the Panama Canal Commission, Royal Bank of Canada, Petrofac in the United Arab Emirates, British Petroleum, and Wartsilla Diesel in Finlin Finland
Carol is a best-selling author of twelve business books, including The Silent Language of Leaders: How Body Language Can Help – or Hurt – How You Lead and The Truth About Lies in the Workplace: How to Spot Liars and What to Do about Them.
Her expertise has been cited in The Wall Street Journal, Industry Week, Investors Business Daily, CNN’s Business Unusual, PBS Marketplace, the Washington Post’s “On Leadership” column, MarketWatch radio, and the NBC Nightly News.
Carol has served as an adjunct faculty member at John F. Kennedy University in the International MBA program, at the University of California in the Executive Education Department, and for the Chamber of Commerce of the United States at their Institutes for Organization Management. She is a current faculty member for the Institute for Management Studies, presenting seminars throughout the United States and Europe.
In addition, Carol is a California-based executive coach with two specialties: 1) assisting leaders as they craft and deliver key messages, and 2) helping senior managers prepare for C-Suite roles by increasing their leadership presence, which she defines as “the ability to influence and impact others by projecting confidence, credibility, caring, and charisma.”
Before her work in the business world, Carol was a therapist in private practice, a nightclub performer, and a majorette for the 49ers football team – but not in that order.